• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Walking Dead Spoilers to latest ep

#241 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 03 March 2015 - 07:30 PM

View PostJakovasaurus, on 02 March 2015 - 06:48 PM, said:

Ha! that was funny. The comments section is better than the article tho.
Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

#242 User is offline   flea 

• High Fist

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:32 AM

Here's what I don't get. During the first half of this season, the African-American guy from season one was lurking around Terminus. What the hell is that about?

#243 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:51 PM

I will tell u straight out that there is nothing in the comix about "Wolves". This is a wholly new concept for the tv show and I wonder where its headed. I remember talk of a spin off, so maybe they're setting up for that. I dunno.

As an aside, I love a couple of Kevin Smith's movies, but that guy acts like he's a fanboy of EVERYTHING. Annoying. As. Fuq.
Theorizing that one could poop within his own lifetime, Doctor Poopet led an elite group of scientists into the desert to develop a top secret project, known as QUANTUM POOP. Pressured to prove his theories or lose funding, Doctor Poopet, prematurely stepped into the Poop Accelerator and vanished. He awoke to find himself in the past, suffering from partial amnesia and facing a mirror image that was not his own. Fortunately, contact with his own bowels was made through brainwave transmissions, with Al the Poop Observer, who appeared in the form of a hologram that only Doctor Poopet could see and hear. Trapped in the past, Doctor Poopet finds himself pooping from life to life, pooping things right, that once went wrong and hoping each time, that his next poop will be the poop home.

#244 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:21 PM

Well, I guess this latest episode's main intention was to convey how difficult it has been for Rick's group to fit in at Alexandria. And nothing like a cocktail party to bring out all of the awkwardness between people who have lived in the shit that is the apocalypse and those who, for the most part, seemed to have been sheltered from the shit behind the walls of Alexandria. Rick's clumsy kiss on Jessie's cheek when she handed Judith back to him (awkward).

And boy oh boy, did Carol (aka Scare-ol) sure put the fear into that little pissant.

Daryl / Aaron bromance! Awesome!

Awww poor Buttons.... om nom nom nom

#245 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:39 PM

I think I need to end all my post with, "...or you can have cookies."
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”
― Steven Brust, The Phoenix Guards

#246 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:51 PM

Rick's kiss (and a lot of his behaviors honestly) really hold up with the Alpha Male Wolf thing if that's what's going on.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#247 User is online   worry 

• Master of the Deck

Posted 16 March 2015 - 07:19 AM

One of the most brutal deaths yet. That was sick.
They came with white hands and left with red hands.

#248 User is offline   Jakovasaurus 

• Emperor

Posted 16 March 2015 - 01:56 PM

Everybody Ate Chris. Zing!Posted Image

#249 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 16 March 2015 - 02:53 PM

Never trust a priest!
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#250 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ˝ man, ˝ amazing

Posted 16 March 2015 - 02:59 PM

Only 2 episodes left :sofa:

The spinoff is starting in the Summer right? Hope it's at least 1/2 as good, then I'll have a fix year round!
Now they will know why they are are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night. -Thulsa Doom

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I would never, ever choose to be. -MJK

#251 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:12 PM

I had a hard time watching THAT, which is kinda crazy considering the source. /empathypain
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#252 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken
  • Interests:Reading, video games, role playing games, Fountain Pens, journals...

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:31 PM

View PostBriar King, on 16 March 2015 - 07:51 PM, said:

What's the spin about?

I believe it follows a different group on the West Coast of North America (California, maybe?).
“The others followed, and found themselves in a small, stuffy basement, which would have been damp, smelly, close, and dark, were it not, in fact, well-lit, which prevented it from being dark.”

#253 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ˝ man, ˝ amazing

Posted 17 March 2015 - 02:01 PM

View Postacesn8s, on 17 March 2015 - 12:31 PM, said:

View PostBriar King, on 16 March 2015 - 07:51 PM, said:

What's the spin about?

I believe it follows a different group on the West Coast of North America (California, maybe?).

Yes, LA I believe.

See some zombie celebrities wandering about? :D

This post has been edited by Bulwyf: 17 March 2015 - 02:02 PM

Now they will know why they are are afraid of the dark. Now they will learn why they fear the night. -Thulsa Doom

You're such an inspiration for the ways that I would never, ever choose to be. -MJK

#254 User is offline   Spoilsport Stonny 

• Mortal Sword

Posted 17 March 2015 - 03:25 PM

Nope, not in the comics. It s a wholly different story, and I think that's kind of cool. I'm looking forward to it.

#255 User is offline   D'iversify 

• First Sword

Posted 18 March 2015 - 10:28 AM

View PostShinrei, on 16 March 2015 - 02:53 PM, said:

Never trust a priest!
Yeah, what the hell was with that? What's his angle?
I am the Onyx Wizards

#256 User is offline   Shinrei 

• charin charin

Posted 18 March 2015 - 12:42 PM

View PostD, on 18 March 2015 - 10:28 AM, said:

Never trust a priest!

Right. Even reconciling that scene with the first scene where he's tearing up the bible - how does that connect? He tears up the bible, and then comes out quoting it to the senator.

My best guess is he's gone nuts over his own perceived sins and now feels he needs to "save" this community of innocents to make up for it?
You’ve never heard of the Silanda? … It’s the ship that made the Warren of Telas run in less than 12 parsecs.

#257 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 18 March 2015 - 01:22 PM

View PostShinrei, on 18 March 2015 - 12:42 PM, said:

Never trust a priest!

Right. Even reconciling that scene with the first scene where he's tearing up the bible - how does that connect? He tears up the bible, and then comes out quoting it to the senator.

My best guess is he's gone nuts over his own perceived sins and now feels he needs to "save" this community of innocents to make up for it?

Yeah, that scene initially weirded me out...but maybe it's like this.

The ep is kind of all about how the Alexandria people are cowards who won't save friends, WILL turn on one another, and are basically a pretty shoddy bunch. So enter Rick's-side coward (Mullet-man...whatever his name is) actually being convinced to man the hell up after Tara spoke with him and was wounded and save the day (as much as he and the van could do)...then the Alexandria guy trying to save himself at the expense of one of Rick's team
Spoiler
...we see the one guy who had SEEMINGLY put his cowardliness behind him, Gabriel (locking the church up ect.) and becoming a more brave person in the long run for the eps leading up to this one...only to be entered into a community where being a coward is not only okay, it's the status quo...and he slips into old habits and attempts to see his purpose as something like what you said about "saving the innocents"...I got that vibe too.
I saw it as all about bravery and cowardliness...up to and including Carol's confronting a man who is a carbon copy of her long dead abusive husband.

But yeah, screw Gabriel for doing that. At least Maggie heard him and can tell Rick.

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 18 March 2015 - 01:24 PM

"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#258 User is offline   Bulwyf 

• ˝ man, ˝ amazing

Posted 18 March 2015 - 02:09 PM

View PostShinrei, on 18 March 2015 - 12:42 PM, said:

Never trust a priest!

I saw it as him tearing up the bible ashamed of himself: The town was giving him such a nice welcome, and he felt like if they knew what he had done, they wouldn't want anything to do with him. I feel like that's what kind of lead to his decision to betray Rick's group. They're the only ones who know about what he did, so he was trying to get them out of the picture before the new people learned of his sins. Trying to cover up his past and give himself a fresh start in the new town...

#259 User is offline   Nicodimas 

• Soletaken
  • https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XbGs_qK2PQA

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:43 PM

I think the priest is MAJORLY projecting his problems onto the group...

He cracked.
-If it's ka it'll come like a wind, and your plans will stand before it no more than a barn before a cyclone

#260 User is offline   acesn8s 

• Soletaken

Posted 18 March 2015 - 08:32 PM

Does anyone know if Gab only tore out the new testament?

I agree with Gab projecting, maybe trying to get rid of Rick's crew as they know what he did in the past. They are an ugly reminder of life outside of Alexandria.

Share this topic:

• 37 Pages +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users