Malazan Empire: New Malazan Style MMORPG - Malazan Empire

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Malazan Style MMORPG

#1 User is offline   Alyis 

• Ceda Alyis
  • Group: Malaz Regular
  • Interests:Gaming. Reading. Scripting. Programming. Graphic Design.
  • Looking for help for an MMO

Posted 01 July 2010 - 03:50 PM

Hello everyone,

Right now I have started to really crack down on trying to get some kind of team or group together to start getting ideas and concepts done for a possible MMO. As of right now there are only a few concept artists working on this project with me and also one programmer. Since I have fallen in love with Steven Erikson's MBotF it has inspired me with some ideas that would be perfect for an MMO. These ideas are still in question because we are wating on permission to use them for a project such as this so that we don't run into any copyright issue. In the next few lines I will list some of the current ideas and then also let you know what were looking for (:

• We want this to be a massive open world MMO with very minimal load times when traveling if any at all
  • We want this to be on one server where every player can interact with one another unlike on World of Warcraft where there are over 40 servers to play on
  • Real world actions (hunger,thirst,shelter) we want this to be realistic as we can but still keep it a fantasy MMO
  • We want people to be able to do what they want in the game, so if you want to be a carpenter you can, if you want to be a soldier you can.
  • We already have some concept art done and I will be glad to post that here as soon as i get it into an organized fashion that can be posted (:

We would love for the community here to be part of this project so we are asking for anyone who:
  • Just wants to help with ideas
  • Can program, or do 3D modeling, or draw, or do concept artwork
  • We really need to get a creative unique writer or possibly a team if we all think that would work better

We are open to any suggestions and would love to see the community who loves this series to be part of the making of this project.

Posted ImageThese are icons that will be for elemental bottles.
Posted Image
This is a top-view concept of a section of a continent.
Posted ImageThese are icons for random pieces of food.

This post has been edited by Alyis: 01 July 2010 - 04:04 PM

Looking for people who want to help out with a new Malazan style MMO

#2 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:33 PM

View PostAlyis, on 01 July 2010 - 03:50 PM, said:

[*]Real world actions (hunger,thirst,shelter) we want this to be realistic as we can but still keep it a fantasy MMO[*]We want people to be able to do what they want in the game, so if you want to be a carpenter you can, if you want to be a soldier you can.

I'm guessing there won't be a massive lineup to play in Seven Cities then. What with all the war, disease, invasion, tribal conflict, drought ...

Sorry, couldn't resist. :p

I think perhaps there would be participation from members of this site once permission is demonstrably given. There are some scary talented artists on here (check out the art subforum), and some programmer-y type people too.

A Malazan RPG/MMO/MMORPG/pen and paper game has been somewhat of a holy grail to certain elements around here for a while, so clear up the permission question and I'm sure the help will be forthcoming. Good luck.

La Sombra, scarily untalented

This post has been edited by Sombra: 01 July 2010 - 05:35 PM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#3 User is offline   Alyis 

• Ceda Alyis

Posted 01 July 2010 - 08:58 PM

Yea that is the plan. And even if they decide they don't want us to use the warren type feature then we can still continue with this game without that and invent our own method of using magic.

#4 User is offline   Silencer 

• Manipulating Special Data
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Malazan Book of the Fallen series.
    Computer Game Design.
    Programming.

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:27 PM

Responded to your PM, and had a great discussion on Skype. Thanks for getting in touch Alyis. :p

/supports this project.

Shinrei said:

<Vote Silencer> For not garnering any heat or any love for that matter. And I'm being serious here, it's like a mental block that is there, and you just keep forgetting it.

#5 User is offline   Alyis 

• Ceda Alyis

Posted 02 July 2010 - 05:57 AM

Conversation on Skype went great. I look forward to working with you and sharing ideas.

#6 User is offline   shandromand 

• Misanthrope of High House Shadow

Posted 21 April 2011 - 02:23 AM

Has there been any movement on this? I hesitate to get excited about a nine month old post, but if it migrated somewhere else, I'd sure be interested to know where...

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users