Right now I have started to really crack down on trying to get some kind of team or group together to start getting ideas and concepts done for a possible MMO. As of right now there are only a few concept artists working on this project with me and also one programmer. Since I have fallen in love with Steven Erikson's MBotF it has inspired me with some ideas that would be perfect for an MMO. These ideas are still in question because we are wating on permission to use them for a project such as this so that we don't run into any copyright issue. In the next few lines I will list some of the current ideas and then also let you know what were looking for (:
- We want this to be a massive open world MMO with very minimal load times when traveling if any at all
- We want this to be on one server where every player can interact with one another unlike on World of Warcraft where there are over 40 servers to play on
- Real world actions (hunger,thirst,shelter) we want this to be realistic as we can but still keep it a fantasy MMO
- We want people to be able to do what they want in the game, so if you want to be a carpenter you can, if you want to be a soldier you can.
- We already have some concept art done and I will be glad to post that here as soon as i get it into an organized fashion that can be posted (:
We would love for the community here to be part of this project so we are asking for anyone who:
- Just wants to help with ideas
- Can program, or do 3D modeling, or draw, or do concept artwork
- We really need to get a creative unique writer or possibly a team if we all think that would work better
We are open to any suggestions and would love to see the community who loves this series to be part of the making of this project.
These are icons that will be for elemental bottles.
This is a top-view concept of a section of a continent.
These are icons for random pieces of food.
This post has been edited by Alyis: 01 July 2010 - 04:04 PM