• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Release question Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Otataral 

• Recruit
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:49 PM

Hey everyone. i'm not new here, but i figured it was about time to make an account with the crippled god out. that being said i do have a question. Today ( Feb 22 ) is the Canadian release date right? The websites and book stores i have been to in my area says that it comes out today, yet none of them have the book, and when I show them there website which states it comes out today they just give me blank stares like they don't understand.

Did the book get pushed back here in Canada? has any other Canadians been able to pick it up?

#2 User is offline   MWKarsa 

• Midget Toblakai
  • Interests:Reading, Sports, Exercise and all things Texas Longhorn.

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:59 PM

View PostOtataral, on 22 February 2011 - 10:49 PM, said:

Hey everyone. i'm not new here, but i figured it was about time to make an account with the crippled god out. that being said i do have a question. Today ( Feb 22 ) is the Canadian release date right? The websites and book stores i have been to in my area says that it comes out today, yet none of them have the book, and when I show them there website which states it comes out today they just give me blank stares like they don't understand.

Did the book get pushed back here in Canada? has any other Canadians been able to pick it up?

This thread here might shed a little light. I don't live in Canada so I can't help you there but reading through that thread it looks like the released date might have been pushed back. I'm still waiting for March 1st to roll around to pounce on it and hopefully you can get yours earlier but it looks dodgy ATM.

#3 User is offline   Trusty 

• Recruit

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:38 AM

Sorry I don't have more uplifting news but I ordered from Chapters and then found out today that they have pushed the release date back to March 15. I am cancelling that order and going through Amazon UK.

#4 User is offline   Trull's son 

• First Sword

Posted 23 February 2011 - 04:32 AM

Yeah I checked every damned bookstore in Ottawa today, and was let down each time.

You must be joking Trusty...

How long would I be looking at waiting for the book to be delivered if I ordered from Amazon.uk?

#5 User is offline   Tatterdemalion 

• I sneeze warrens.
  • Interests:Fantasy, cartography, creativity, finding a readership before I'm cast aside by history, roti.
  • Currently working on my Imbalance series.
    Web: joelminty.com
    Twitter: @JoelMinty

Posted 23 February 2011 - 04:57 AM

I want it to delay!
I need more time to finish my entire series reread! 100 pages into Dust of Dreams.
If it can hold out until I'm finished, that'd be perfect because then I can read it at the same time as all y'all and for the first time NOT be behind the boat in discussion and wild theories on this forum. :(
Author of Purge of Ashes.
Sayer of "And Nature shall not abide."

#6 User is offline   Steve Halter 

• Mage

Posted 23 February 2011 - 01:17 PM

View PostTrull, on 23 February 2011 - 04:32 AM, said:

Yeah I checked every damned bookstore in Ottawa today, and was let down each time.

You must be joking Trusty...

How long would I be looking at waiting for the book to be delivered if I ordered from Amazon.uk?

At this point, It would probably get to you faster ordering from Amazon.com. The shipping times vary quite a lot from the UK--even if you pay an exorbitant amount for shipping.

#7 User is offline   chartman 

• Recruit

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:09 PM

View PostTrusty, on 23 February 2011 - 12:38 AM, said:

Sorry I don't have more uplifting news but I ordered from Chapters and then found out today that they have pushed the release date back to March 15. I am cancelling that order and going through Amazon UK.

Damn it..I ordered from Chapters as well....insane, canNOT wait another 3 weeks for this...

#8 User is offline   Iamme 

• Sergeant

Posted 23 February 2011 - 06:13 PM

March 15 in Canada! Woot woot..

#9 User is offline   Otataral 

• Recruit

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:08 PM

March 15th in canada? Seriously? Have you ever seen a grown man cry? its not pretty...
mhmm any idea on when an ebook verson is released? I can settle for reading it on my ebook until i can get a physical copy.

#10 User is offline   mostly.harmless 

• Corporal

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:55 PM

The earliest I have seen so far is 1st of March, through amazon.com for the Kindle, obviously. I believe most publishers use this date.
Now we just need them to stick to it. Which is iffy unfortunately.

This post has been edited by mostly.harmless: 23 February 2011 - 10:55 PM

#11 User is offline   Fodder 

• Recruit

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:48 PM

View PostTatterdemalion, on 23 February 2011 - 04:57 AM, said:

I want it to delay!
I need more time to finish my entire series reread! 100 pages into Dust of Dreams.
If it can hold out until I'm finished, that'd be perfect because then I can read it at the same time as all y'all and for the first time NOT be behind the boat in discussion and wild theories on this forum. :(

I can understand your point, but i finished DOD Monday evening at 5:30 pm with all the excitement of a little boy knowing that the next day I would pick up The Crippled God...only to be utterly destroyed when it wasn't released. What gives anyway? Steve is from the sweet motherland that I call home and we get jipped!

Silver lining is that i can read The Stonewielder in the meantime.

#12 User is offline   arbitrage 

• Recruit

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:31 AM

View PostOtataral, on 23 February 2011 - 08:08 PM, said:

March 15th in canada? Seriously? Have you ever seen a grown man cry? its not pretty...
mhmm any idea on when an ebook verson is released? I can settle for reading it on my ebook until i can get a physical copy.

The kindle version is only available for purchase from the US. If your amazon account is registered in Canada then for now there is no listing available. Also the Barnes and Nobel version is only available in the US. Let us all know if you find a version available to Canadians. I've now resorted to ordering the hardcover from the bookdepository in the UK with free shipping. I ordered last night and it shipped this morning. I have no idea how long it will take to get here and ordering the TOR version on March 1st from the US may still be faster??? Canada is royally screwed with this release. No kindle, 2-3 week late release....it sucks.

#13 User is offline   mostly.harmless 

• Corporal

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:34 AM

You can change your locale in the settings and order the Kindle edition anyway. I did that. I paid with a Dutch credit card, even though my Kindle is from the US and I am in Mexico.
And you don’t necessarily need a Kindle to read the ebooks, many of them can be downloaded to the desktop or mobile kindle apps and read from there (not all though, so don’t take my word for it, check).

#14 User is offline   Hetan 

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
  • View gallery
  • Group: Mezla's Thought Police

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:24 AM

I have just looked at the Kindle edition on amazon.com and although it says March 1st there is no price up and no way to order it that I could see.
The only available items were hardback and paperback unless I'm looking at the wrong page ?
"He was not a modest man. Contemplating suicide, he summoned a dragon". (Gothos' Folly)- Gothos

#15 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:20 PM

View PostHetan, on 24 February 2011 - 08:24 AM, said:

I have just looked at the Kindle edition on amazon.com and although it says March 1st there is no price up and no way to order it that I could see.
The only available items were hardback and paperback unless I'm looking at the wrong page ?

To me it shows a price of $9.99 and lets you order it. Maybe because it knows I'm in the US, I don't know.

#16 User is offline   mostly.harmless 

• Corporal

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:09 PM

View PostEnd of Disc One, on 24 February 2011 - 12:20 PM, said:

View PostHetan, on 24 February 2011 - 08:24 AM, said:

To me it shows a price of $9.99 and lets you order it. Maybe because it knows I'm in the US, I don't know.

Same here. It doesn’t matter if you’re physically in the U.S. though, it works just as well if you change your Kindle settings to the U.S.
Download the application for PC or MAC and go to your kindle page, somewhere near the bottom you can indicate where you are currently living. Fill in a U.S. address and you can order books from the U.S. store to your Kindle or your respective desktop applications.

#17 User is offline   Fayth 

• Acolyte of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:31 PM

http://www.amazon.co...98586554&sr=1-2

Kindle users in Canada can go buy it right now!

#18 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:36 PM

View PostFayth, on 24 February 2011 - 10:31 PM, said:

http://www.amazon.co...98586554&sr=1-2

Kindle users in Canada can go buy it right now!

Whoa! If my book didn't just arrive today I would on this in a heartbeat.

Looks like it's US though (but other people can change their amazon address temporarily).

Edit: I went ahead and bought it anyway, and it's not working on my computer.

This post has been edited by End of Disc One: 24 February 2011 - 10:39 PM

#19 User is offline   Fayth 

• Acolyte of Team Quick Ben
  • Group: Team Quick Ben

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:42 PM

Weird. Canadians order through Amazon.com for kindle purchases too, they just change the region to Canada. I've been searching Crippled God under the Canadian region everyday for a while now. Before there were no results, now just today it comes up for canadians and thats the page its on. Sucks if it doesn't work though. I know Kobo and Sony don't have it yet, but I emailed Kobo about it.

#20 User is offline   End of Disc One 

• House Knight

Posted 24 February 2011 - 10:43 PM

View PostFayth, on 24 February 2011 - 10:42 PM, said:

Weird. Canadians order through Amazon.com for kindle purchases too, they just change the region to Canada. I've been searching Crippled God under the Canadian region everyday for a while now. Before there were no results, now just today it comes up for canadians and thats the page its on. Sucks if it doesn't work though. I know Kobo and Sony don't have it yet, but I emailed Kobo about it.

Well my account is set to the US so maybe that has something to do with it. The book showed up in my library but I get an error when I try to open it.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users