Malazan Empire: Blog Vitriol... - Malazan Empire

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Blog Vitriol...

#1 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog
  • Group: Team Quick Ben
  • Interests:Nothing, just sitting. Quietly.

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:58 PM

...AKA what the hell is wrong with this guy?!

He fits the category of superdick to a "T".

He insults Adam for no reason, and rants about the RoT release date like a petulant child....

Seriously, what is his deal?

http://www.sffnews.c...s+%28Sffnews%29
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#2 User is offline   Abyss 

• abyssus abyssum invocat
  • Group: Administrators
  • Interests:Interesting.

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:10 PM

He does say up front that it's a bullshit rant, and that's what it is. Just another cranky voice on the internet who thinks that authors, publishers and whoever else owes a duty to them personally to deliver a book within whatever magical timeline will make them happy.

Tho' i did have a chuckle at his comment on the irony of the GRRM cover quote.
THIS IS YOUR REMINDER THAT THERE IS A
'VIEW NEW CONTENT' BUTTON THAT
ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW NEW CONTENT

#3 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:19 PM

View PostAbyss, on 25 January 2011 - 09:10 PM, said:

He does say up front that it's a bullshit rant, and that's what it is. Just another cranky voice on the internet who thinks that authors, publishers and whoever else owes a duty to them personally to deliver a book within whatever magical timeline will make them happy.

Tho' i did have a chuckle at his comment on the irony of the GRRM cover quote.

Yeah, I'll give you that irony. Indeed.

The guy has ten rants...ten. LOL. Every one of them showcases a guy with anger management issues. Yet he is masquerading as a book review blogger. He did an interview with Jennifer Fallon where he basically asked her if she thought she was improving or had plateaued...Well done sir.

His about page says something about him having a hand in setting up a malazan forum site (which he left for one reason or another)...that's not HERE is it?
"When the last tree has fallen, and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no." ~Aurora

“Someone will always try to sell you despair, just so they don't feel alone.” ~Ursula Vernon

#4 User is offline   Illuyankas 

• Retro Classic
  • Group: The Hateocracy of Truth
  • Will cluck you up

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:27 PM

Oh, he's that ChrisW? That's adorable!
Hello, soldiers, look at your mage, now back to me, now back at your mage, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped being an unascended mortal and switched to Sole Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re in a warren with the High Mage your cadre mage could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an acorn with two gates to that realm you love. Look again, the acorn is now otataral. Anything is possible when your mage smells like Sole Spice and not a Bole brother. I’m on a quorl.

#5 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:31 PM

View PostIlluyankas, on 25 January 2011 - 09:27 PM, said:

Haha...Ah okay, Is there an explanation in the offing? I'm very curious!

This post has been edited by QuickTidal: 25 January 2011 - 09:32 PM

#6 User is offline   ChrisW 

• Da'tsang
  • Group: Malaz Regular

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:55 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 25 January 2011 - 09:31 PM, said:

You shouldn't link to me. It boosts my ego as do the nice comments. As for masquerading as a review site, that's just laughable. I can't write a review to save myself. It's also laughable that you take anything I say seriously. Read the disclaimer though there usually is some annoyance behind my rants there not from anger.

Oh and I love the Rightous indignation. Makes you look cute.

:p

#7 User is offline   stone monkey 

• I'm the baddest man alive and I don't plan to die...
  • Group: Grumpy Old Sods

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:15 PM

View PostQuickTidal, on 25 January 2011 - 09:31 PM, said:

I'm of the opinion that those of us in the know should just nod and look mysterious :p
If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subconsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do. If some one maintains that two and two are five, or that Iceland is on the equator, you feel pity rather than anger, unless you know so little of arithmetic or geography that his opinion shakes your own contrary conviction. … So whenever you find yourself getting angry about a difference of opinion, be on your guard; you will probably find, on examination, that your belief is going beyond what the evidence warrants. Bertrand Russell

#8 User is offline   Bent 

• Keep Rolling...
  • Group: High House Mafia
  • Interests:POOP!

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:25 PM

nods.

Mysteriously.....
THIS IS HOW I ROLL BITCHES!!!

#9 User is offline   amphibian 

• Ribbit
  • Interests:Hopping around

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:39 PM

Nods, enigmatically.
I survived the Permian and all I got was this t-shirt.

#10 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:57 PM

S'okay yall, I got all the info I needed about him VIA twitter. Nuff said. HAHA!

#11 User is offline   Tsundoku 

• A what?

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:30 AM

Heh, I caught this one the other day. It's just Chris being Chris really, if you think I have a weird shitstirring sense of humour and don't care much about what people think of me and say what I think then I advise you that Chris' blog probably isn't for you ... :p

Pretty tame really compared to other stuff I have seen on teh interwebz related to GRRM and other authors' publishing dates. Up your game Chris, you're getting mellow in your dotage! :p

This post has been edited by Sombra: 26 January 2011 - 12:32 AM

"Fortune favors the bold, though statistics favor the cautious." - Indomitable Courteous (Icy) Fist, The Palace Job - Patrick Weekes

"Well well well ... if it ain't The Invisible C**t." - Billy Butcher, The Boys

"I have strong views about not tempting providence and, as a wise man once said, the difference between luck and a wheelbarrow is, luck doesn’t work if you push it." - Colonel Orhan, Sixteen Ways to Defend a Walled City - KJ Parker

#12 User is offline   Yellow 

• Sick and Tired
  • Group: High House Mafia

Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:42 AM

Seems like the only people who care are the bloggers. Let it go, it doesn't matter.
Don't fuck with the Culture.

#13 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:19 AM

View PostQuickTidal, on 25 January 2011 - 08:58 PM, said:

He insults Adam for no reason,

Chris gets annoyed when he loses arguments.

Chris gets annoyed a lot.
Visit The Wertzone for reviews of SF&F books, DVDs and computer games!

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."
- Bruce Campbell on how to be as cool as he is

#14 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:05 PM

View PostYellow, on 26 January 2011 - 07:42 AM, said:

Seems like the only people who care are the bloggers. Let it go, it doesn't matter.

Yeah, you are most certainly right. :p

#15 User is offline   ChrisW 

• Da'tsang

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:08 PM

View PostWerthead, on 26 January 2011 - 10:19 AM, said:

View PostQuickTidal, on 25 January 2011 - 08:58 PM, said:

He insults Adam for no reason,

Chris gets annoyed when he loses arguments.

Chris gets annoyed a lot.

That may be but you're still a dick.

#16 User is offline   caladanbrood 

• Ugly on the Inside

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:41 PM

Chris, we missed you. Malaclypse is a poor substitute, it's better to have the original back.
O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde; keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

#17 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:12 PM

View PostChrisW, on 26 January 2011 - 12:08 PM, said:

2 hours and that's the best you can come up with?

Normally I wouldn't trade flames, but in your case it seems some honest evaluation is overdue.

Chris, you're a troll. You have contributed nothing of value whatsoever to SFF discussion in the five years since I've first encountered you online. You turn up to bitch, to spew venom and to moan and do nothing else. You are not interested in constructive discussions. You add nothing of value whatsoever to any forum you're a member of. Looking at older posts from back in the day, this does not appear to always have been the case, and certainly people here will thank you for your contributions to the Malazanempire board's survival. However, prolonged exposure to online debating seems to have eroded you down to being a cynical old man. If that works for you, great, but no-one else is really interested.

Chris, you're a hypocrite. You accuse others of being overly fannish of a particular author, but the intimation that just perhaps Robert Jordan isn't that great an author sends you into paroxysms of fanboy fury that is quite ridiculous to watch in progress. I've said in the past, quite clearly, that Martin has made enormous mistakes and a reasonable amount of the flak that's come his way over the last five years is of his own making. OTOH, you go off the deep end if someone even barely suggests Crossroads of Twilight might not be very good. Get some perspective.

Chris, you're a poor winner. You were absolutely, 150% correct that GRRM using his ASoIaF Update page to air his political views back in 2004 was completely unacceptable. And you won that argument. Martin went off and started his blog to do that instead where he could talk about shit not related to the books, and that was partially a result of your criticisms and those of some other people. Rather than accept that victory and that vindication, you instead still bitch about that event to this very day, bringing it up without fail several times a year but curiously neglecting the part where Martin said you were right and agreed with you. Perhaps it's time to now move on?

In short, you're a formerly decent contributor to the SFF scene who has since turned into an angry old whinger. I honestly hope you get over whatever the hell problems you have and become a decent contributor again, but until then I suggest reigning in the attitude. It is really not doing you any favours at all.

This post has been edited by Werthead: 26 January 2011 - 02:33 PM

"Try standing out in a winter storm all night and see how tough you are. Start with that. Then go into a bar and pick a fight and see how tough you are. And then go home and break crockery over your head. Start with those three and you'll be good to go."

#18 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:18 PM

View PostWerthead, on 26 January 2011 - 02:12 PM, said:

View PostChrisW, on 26 January 2011 - 12:08 PM, said:

2 hours and that's the best you can come up with?

Inferiority complexes are hard to deal with, but good therapy is available to deal with it, or so I understand.

I was gonna say that too Adam...that didn't seem clever enough for two hours of thought by him, but I suppose we can't all be smart and clever. LOL

#19 User is offline   Werthead 

• Ascendant

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:34 PM

I apologise to Chris for the inferiority complex comment, and amended the above post to something more constructive. I was slightly pissed off.

#20 User is offline   QuickTidal 

• Frog

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:40 PM

I was unaware of his troll-dom and I will cease to feed him accordingly.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users